New(ish) Irish owner

New to the Nissan Pulsar Forums? Introduce yourself here
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

Hi, I'm in Ireland and have a new(ish) 1.2 Dig-T Pulsar SVE bought in mid May. I've no idea what this corresponds to in the UK, but it has every option available here including LED headlights, heated leather seats, 18" wheels, Nissan Connect and all the "safety" options such as blind spot detection, lane departure etc. It's Pearl White which looks really good in my view.

Have had a few minor problems including a damaged alloy on delivery, a misaligned steering wheel and peeling plastic stone guards, and I'm still a bit disappointed with the fuel economy although it does appear to be getting better as the engine loosens up.

I'm also puzzled as to some of the design choices made such as the non-automatic folding mirrors, and the odd choice of having halogen DRLs but LED sidelights.

Anyway here she is ...

Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE

Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

Hello,
your model sounds like tekna model over here in uk, but I thought some of the upgrades were only available on the 1.6 tekna model.
What and where are your plastic stone guards, never come across these before myself.
My fuel economy from 1.6 DIG Tekna is around 42-46 mpg on 50/50 mix A roads and motorway, car having done 1700 miles so far.
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

The stone guards are clear plastic stickers that are located at the rear bottom corner of the rear door jambs, and also on the bottom rear of the front wheel arches. It's possible that on a dark coloured car they're less obvious, which is why you hadn't seen them. Have included two photos, but have discovered that for the front one it's only on one side ... another victory for Nissan (lack of) QC!

I'm getting an overall average of around 7.5l/100km on mine which is mainly short journeys to the shops and a lot of twisty hilly driving on small back roads, which translates into only 38mpg, but can get 6.5l/100km (43mpg) or better on long journeys with mainly motorways.

Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Metalmickey

Post by Metalmickey »

All is clear now (sorry for the pun), I have them but thought they were the protective film on new cars during transportation then removed once car delivered. I was going to remone them.