Replacement Tyres

All Nissan Pulsar related discussions
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Ok so the time has come, albeit way to soon for my liking, to replace my front tyres. Although they're not quite down the the limits, I've got a trip to Germany in a few weeks time and don't fancy snowy/frosty roads with worn tyres.

I'm unsure which options to go for, whether I need the 'rim protection' type and I'm curious what others have opted for. I've previously had Dunlop Sport BluResponse, and Goodyear efficientGrip performance and found them pretty good for grip and noise etc, although never got maximum usage from them as I sold the car.

Deleted User 470

Post by Deleted User 470 »

I have just ordered a set of Uni-Royal Rain Sport 3 tyres for my Pulsar, I currently have Hankook's on the front and they're not that nice to drive on when it is wet! The Rain Sports are getting fitted on Saturday so I will let you know what I think of them then.
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Thanks for that Mr R
I was looking at the Uniroyal options but I need to make the decision by Monday which doesn't give you much time to evaluate them ... first impressions would be appreciated tho ...lol

Anyone else got any suggestions or experiences ..? C'mon...... don't be shy ....
Deleted User 470

Rivendell63 wrote:Thanks for that Mr R
I was looking at the Uniroyal options but I need to make the decision by Monday which doesn't give you much time to evaluate them ... first impressions would be appreciated tho ...lol

Anyone else got any suggestions or experiences ..? C'mon...... don't be shy ....
From friends who have got them on there cars they love them! I have a friend who is running 300+bhp in a Astra VXR and he says it has never wheel span in the wet!
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Thats good news, as the Uniroyals are looking favourites at present
Deleted User 470

Rivendell63 wrote:Thats good news, as the Uniroyals are looking favourites at present
Had them fitted yesterday and they are amazing! Lots of grip in both the dry and the wet!
Would really recommend them!
Alun1957

Post by Alun1957 »

The only thing with Rainsport 3's is that the sidewalls are a little on the soft side. My wife has them on her MX-5 and while they grip like crazy, and shift standing water like there's no tomorrow, the handling suffers a little.
Nissan Pulsar 1.2 DIG-T SVE
Deleted User 470

Alun1957 wrote:The only thing with Rainsport 3's is that the sidewalls are a little on the soft side. My wife has them on her MX-5 and while they grip like crazy, and shift standing water like there's no tomorrow, the handling suffers a little.
Never had that problem with mine or my friends. Handling has been better than with my old tyres!
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Thanks for input guys..... order placed and getting fitted on Thursday ..... also spoken with a guy at work who had them on his megane sport, and his mate has them on a bmw M sport thing .....
Can't see me breaking land speed records or troubling Lewis Hamilton on lap times, but I'm sure they'll be plenty good enough to keep me on the black stuff n safe whilst trolling around frosty n snowy german roads ....
Rivendell63

Post by Rivendell63 »

Tyres fitted today and first impressions are very good. Steering etc seems a lil lighter, but I'll need to wait for some wet weather before I can say anymore. Impressed so far :)